I’ve been hard at work revising and updating my guide to writing a novel, with two new rules and many expanded and polished chapters.
Better yet: It will be available as an audiobook very soon!
This is all of my best writing advice all in one place. Even if you’re a regular reader, you’ll appreciate having all the best tips at your fingertips in a more polished format than this ahem occasionally typo-ridden blog.
How to Write a Novel is available for pre-order now and will be released on October 15, giving you plenty of time to give it a read before NaNoWriMo.
Read the guide that New York Times bestselling author Ransom Riggs called “The best how-to-write-a-novel book I’ve read.”
- Ingram: ISBN 978-1-7341494-0-1
- Apple (coming soon!)
- Amazon (coming soon!)
- Audible (coming soon!)
- Overdrive (coming soon!)
Praise for How to Write a Novel
“Nathan Bransford’s primer is full of thoughtful, time-proven advice on how to write a novel. Nathan can sound both like a reassuring friend and a tough, no-nonsense coach. Whatever kind of novel you’re writing, Nathan’s insights will make you think about your process and help you find your own way to success.”
– Jeff Abbott, New York Times bestselling author of DOWNFALL
“Nathan Bransford is sharp, thoughtful, and a must-read for all aspiring authors. His advice is not only funny and insightful, it’s essential for writers at any stage in their careers.”
– Tahereh Mafi, New York Times bestselling author of SHATTER ME
“Nathan Bransford’s book on how to write a novel is smart, generous and funny as hell. Read it. No matter where you are in your writing life, whether you’re on your first book or are a grizzled, multi published veteran, you’ll find practical advice to help you through the process — and plenty of wisdom to inspire you along the journey.”
– Lisa Brackmann, author of ROCK PAPER TIGER
“Equal parts encouraging and butt-kicking, hilarious and wise, Nathan Bransford’s no-nonsense manifesto talks you through the process of getting the book of your dreams out of your head and onto the page. Whether you’ve been writing for five minutes or fifty years, this is the guide for you.”
– Sarah McCarry, author of ALL OUR PRETTY SONGS
• Need help with your book? I’m available for manuscript edits, query critiques, and coaching!
• For my best advice, check out my guide to writing a novel (now available in audio) and my guide to publishing a book.
• And if you like this post: subscribe to my newsletter!