|The blog circa 2007|
Ten years ago today, after dabbling in Myspace for a bit, I signed up nathanbransford.blogspot.com and threw up this post. I don’t even really know how people found it in the beginning (this was before Twitter was a thing), but then Miss Snark linked to me one day and things started taking off.
And here we are in 2017! Still going!
Here are some stats from the past ten years:
- 1,679 posts (read them all here!)
- 27 posts tagged Monkeys
- 11 people who were finalists in blog contests went on to be published authors (Stuart Neville! Victoria Schwab! Terry DeHart! Michelle Hodkin! Michelle Davidson Argyle! Joshua McCune! Natalie Whipple! Josin L. McQuein! Jeanne Ryan! Peter Cooper! Travis Erwin!)
- 150,245 comments (AND HOLY COW I’VE READ EVERY SINGLE ONE)
- 461,455 pageviews on The Publishing Process in GIF Form (top post of all time)
- 12,565,254 pageviews overall and counting
- Be An Agent for a Day
- The Surprisingly Essential First Page Challenge (reading 664 of these nearly broke me)
- Confessing I had secretly been writing a novel and had a book deal
- Announcing that I was leaving publishing (bittersweet!)
- The 1,000th post, with a giveaway to the 1,000th commenter (this was hilarious to experience in realtime)