I’m back! (And available for editing and consulting)

by | Oct 14, 2016 | Nathan's Books | 24 comments

Howdy strangers!

A lot has happened in the past few months. I’m no longer working for the hedge fund Bridgewater Associates and now, shorn of my four hours of commuting every day, I am eminently available for:

• Manuscript editing
  • Query critiques
  • Partial critiques and consultations
  • Developmental editing
  • Brainstorming
  • Social media consulting
  • Random side projects
  • Job offers
  • You name it

Just shoot me a note at nathan@nathanbransford.com and we can discuss further.

This is a super interesting time for me, as I’ve never had such an extended gift of time. I’ve always jumped from one job to the next, cramming writing into nooks and crannies. I’m not totally sure what’s next, but it’s exciting to have some time to figure it all out.

I’m hoping to spend more time around these parts, write more, see where the world takes me, and craft some grand ambitions.

Let’s chat!

Art: Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog by Caspar David Friedrich

Wonderful news!

2. Keisha Martin

Do you accept clients from Canada in regards to mss editing, bouncing ideas?

3. Jacqueline Howett

Wow, that was some commute, Nathan. Nice to know you're around. I'm sure you'll be busy before you know it, so enjoy your reflections.

Have a pleasant weekend!

4. Wendy

I'm soooooo glad you are back, Nathan. I need you. Desperately! Check your inbox. I just emailed you.

5. vic caswell

Yay! We missed you!

6. Bryan Russell

This is like wandering into a house you used to live in and finding that all your friends have already come to visit.

7. Ellis Shuman

Wonderful! Some of the best writing advice I ever got was here on your blog!

8. Inkling

Quote: "I've always jumped from one job to the next, cramming writing into nooks and crannies"

Ah, you've answered your question. Until those paying jobs come along, fill every nook and cranny with your writing. That's why I tell friends that in today's job market they always need a job of their own they can fall back on.

9. Caitlin Lane

I imagine getting rid of those 4 hours of commuting must be amazing. Can't wait to see how this new period of time goes for you!

10. Terin Miller

I've missed you and your posts, Mr. Former Agent Man.
    Welcome back to the fight.
    🙂
    Allbest,
    T

11. Alex McGrath

Can you orchestrate meetings with literary agents?

Alex-

If I believe the work is a match for one or more of my contacts I may facilitate some introductions, but I can't guarantee that from the outset.

13. JOHN T. SHEA

Welcome back! Hedge funds' loss is publishing's (re)gain!

14. Carolyn Devalcourt

Awesome to see you back! You are such an inspiration to the writing world and it's definitely reassuring to know you're in our corner. Some of the best writing advice has come from your blog! Hope all is well with you!

15. Meghan Ward

Welcome back, Nathan! I didn't even know you were working for a hedge fund. When did you leave CNET?

Meghan-

Ha – left CNET for Freelancers Union three years ago, left Freelancers for Bridgewater a year and a half ago. Time flies!

17. Her Grace, Heidi, the Duchess of Kneale

It's good to have a plan. Four hours might seem like a lot, but stuff has a way of finding those four hours and filling it unless you have a plan.

Still, long commutes suck (His Grace has one for the next 18 months), especially if you're driving.

I once had an hour commute to my full-time day job. Spend that time on the bus writing. Finished an entire novel draft that way.

18. Ice Charades

Welcome back Nathan! So glad you're back in the writing world. I'm looking forward to hearing all about what you'll do next. 🙂

19. Mina Burrows

Welcome back! So good to hear from you! I didn't even know about the hedge fund either. It sounds like you've got exciting things brewing. Great to have you back!
    BTW: I love that picture. It's one of my favorite. 🙂

20. Rachel Capps

I love your blog I'm so glad your back and not commuting!