Are you ready? Have you sharpened your rejection letters and made sure all of your client’s needs have been attended to before you handle these queries?
Here we go!
Pretty soon 50 queries will start posting automatically throughout the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Pacific time today. You will reject or request them in the comments section. Remember, you can only request a total of 5 throughout the day. Everyone is officially on the honor system.
I sprinkled in 3 queries for books that went on to be published. Your job is to request them.
And a huge thank you to everyone who volunteered their query. I regret that I could only use some of them for the purposes of the contest.
Some tips, pointers, and reminders:
– Please please please do not e-mail me your rejections and requests. You must leave them in the comment section of the posts.
– You will need to either use a consistent identity or sign with a unique name in order to distinguish yourself from the other agents. Also, all of the queries are signed “author” so you’ll have to use the title if you want to personalize your responses.
– The queries, as you’ll see, vary widely. I chose them basically at random from the several hundred that were submitted to me. Some have sample pages, some don’t. Some are long, some are short. Some are personalized, some aren’t. Some follow the “rules”, some don’t. This is what an agent’s inbox looks like.
– Please don’t give it away if you recognize a query, whether it’s someone else’s or your own.
– You will have until Sunday night to complete this task.
– When in doubt, check the rules and regulations. Or ask a question here.
On your marks, get set, QUERIES!