I've whittled down some of the suggestions into a handy-dandy poll. Vote today, and whatever is winning when I write the This Week in Publishing post tomorrow will be the contest.
Oh -- and as for the prize, I'll let the winner(s) choose one of a query critique, partial critique, 10 minute phone conversation (I'm really not that interesting, but ok), or one of my clients' books. Hopefully the winner(s) will find something useful out of those prizes.
Here are the contest choice finalists:
- Short short fiction (thanks to Cam for suggesting first)
- Dialogue (thanks to Steve Axelrod)
- Elevator pitch/hook (thanks to Heidi)
- Prompt contest where I provide the start and everyone has to work with it (multiple variations suggested, thanks to everyone)
- First page (thanks to Chris)
Which shall it be?